Mosaic Computing Support provides the following services to COE Faculty and Staff on UNC Charlotte purchased PC systems:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose software issues with your Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, Mac OS X, or Linux operating system. We will recommend a plan for you and with your approval we will proceed to address those issues
- Virus and malware scan and removal
- Limited software installation support. This is limited to UNC Charlotte campus licensed software or Mosaic software that is limited to the William States Lee College of Engineering only
- Peripheral support, limited to those devices that have the appropriate drivers for the OS
- Consultation on how to handle various PC responsibilities, including backing up your data or performing software updates
- Remote access to your Mosaic workstation via VPN
Additionally, Mosaic Computing Support will be happy to give you any aid, advice, or instruction when purchasing a new PC system, as well as schedule a visit to your office in any of the campus engineering buildings to diagnose a PC problem.
If you have a campus-owned Dell, HP, or Mac that is under warranty, we can coordinate the warranty support on that system. We will coordinate this through ITS and NinerTech, as they provide warranty work on these computer brands.